- Plan ahead. Keep a calendar of deadlines for scholarships
- Read the eligibility requirements carefully.
- Proofread your application; then ask a friend to proofread it.
- Don’t be reluctant to reapply.
- Be clear and concise. If you hand‐write your application, make sure it is legible – typed applications are usually preferred.
- Show your strengths and explain your weaknesses. Emphasize your extracurricular and community activities as well as academic achievement. Explain any issues that may portray you in an unfavorable light.
- Be prepared to write a thank you letter if you are the recipient of the scholarship.
Do I qualify even if I am not a science or aviation major?
No, the Alpha Eagle Aviation Scholarship is funded primarily to increase minority involvement in aviation and science.
How much will I be awarded if selected as a finalist?
Various amounts will be awarded
When is the application deadline?
Are the scholarships renewable
Tips for Success
- Apply consistent formatting within sections.
- Keep your resume within a one page in length (with specific exceptions).
- Consider the following possible section headings: Relevant Experience, Related Coursework, Additional Background, Clubs and Organization, Teaching and Tutoring Experience, Research Experience, Community Service, etc.
- Keep your resume clean, concise and consistent!
- Your name should be clearly visible and probably two points bigger than the rest of the text.
- Only use well known abbreviations.
- Make sure your paper resume is photocopy/scanner ready:
- light neutral paper color
- no ( ), underlines, italics, columns, lines or funky design bullets
- Remember your audience.
- Tell your story
- Be authentic
- Do several revisions